Aside from reading the book, you might want to check out:
- His 45-minute overview recording from a recent "master class" on Linchipin is available from his blog at http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/04/aprillinchpin.html
- His blog post today, "The coming melt-down in higher education (as seen by a marketer)"
- His blog post from 18 months ago, "Education at the crossroads"
- His blog post from 15 months ago, "What is school for?"
- His blog post from 2 months ago, "It's easier to teach compliance than initiative"
- A 4.5 minute audio clip on education from an interview with Seth by Lee Stranahan
- Barbara Bray's written interview with Seth on Education and Change
Date: Wednesday, 5 May, 2010
Time: 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 3pm GMT (international times here)
Duration: 30 minutes
Location: In Elluminate. Log in at http://tr.im/futureofed. The Elluminate room will be open up to 30 minutes before the event if you want to come in early. To make sure that your computer is configured for Elluminate, please visit http://www.elluminate.com/support. Recordings of the session will be posted within a day of the event at the event page.
Event Page: http://www.learncentral.org/event/71871
From http://www.sethgodin.com/sg/bio.asp: "Seth Godin is the author of ten books that have been bestsellers around the world and changed the way people think about marketing, change and work. His books have been translated into more than 20 languages, and his ebooks are among the most popular ever published. He is responsible for many words in the marketer's vocabulary, including permission marketing, ideaviruses, purple cows, the dip and sneezers. His irrepressible speaking style and no-holds-barred blog have helped him create a large following around the world. His latest book LINCHPIN hit the top ten on Amazon the first day it was released. "
[Cross-posted from http://www.stevehargadon.com]