The time of the events below will show up automatically in your own time zone when you are registered in LearnCentral and when you have chosen your time zone in your profile. Event recordings are posted and available after the events if you aren't able to attend them live. If you are looking for an easy calendar import / RSS feed for these events, you'll now find a link on your calendar page or the calendar page of specific groups!
Be on the lookout for Australia-time-friendly events as part of the new Australia Series, Spanish-language Webinars from the Aula 2.0 Series, and student-oriented sessions from Students 2.0! We also hope you will consider hosting your own public webinars using the LearnCentral public room--instructions are available by joining the "Host Your Own Webinar" group on the main announcement tab (http://www.learncentral.org/group/3432/host-your-own-webinars).
Thanks for your attention, and see you online!
Monday, September 6th
- 10:45pm PDT (US) / 1:45am EDT (next day) (US) / 5:45pm GMT/UTC (next day) (intl times): AUSTRALIA SERIES
“Tech Talk Tuesdays: Treasures of Classroom2.0 LIVE! - wonderful resources for classroom use,” with host Anne Mirtschin. “Are you looking for resources to use in your classroom? Do you want to learn about specific web2.0 tools? Would you like to hear from some of the web2.0 tools creators? Learn about exciting things happening in education? Then this is the session for you. Our special guest presenter this week is Peggy George from Arizona in USA. Peggy is one of the three co-organisers of the most popular online webinars available today – Classroom 2.0 LIVE!. Peggy has an amazing wealth of knowledge which she willingly shares with participants in our regular Tech Talk Tuesdays. In this session, Peggy will walk us through the amazing wealth of materials that can be found on the spaces within the classroom 2.0 LIVE! site. This includes the best resources, interesting content for classroom use and guest speakers who have engaged their audiences, recordings, links etc. Don’t miss this one!.”
- 4:30pm PDT (US) / 6:30pm EDT (US) / 10:30am GMT/UTC (intl times):
“Supporting Differentiated Instruction and Technology Integration,” with Beverly Gallagher. This session will feature a discussion on supporting differentiated instruction and technology integration.
- 5pm PDT (US) / 8pm EDT (US) / 12am GMT/UTC (next day) (intl times):
FUTURE OF EDUCATION SERIES
Interview with Charles Fadel on, “21st Century Learning and STEM” as part of the Future of Education.com series.
- 3am PDT (US) / 6am EDT (US) / 10am GMT/UTC (intl times): AUSTRALIA SERIES
“eT@lking: Websites I love to use: Share 'n Tell," with host Anne Mirtschin. “This session will be an informal sharing of discussions and favourite websites for both your classes and your own personal life. Can the personal sites be adapted for use in the classroom? Time to share and tell! The topics and conversations will be up to you.”
- 10am PDT (US) / 1pm EDT (US) / 5pm GMT/UTC (intl times): ELLUMINATE LIVE EVENTS SERIES
“How To Make An Effective Presentation In 99 Seconds," with presenters Tracy Tagliati and Dr. Sivasailam "Thiagi" Thiagarajan. “Fifteen years ago we discovered the cure for conference boredom: challenge presenters to make a point—a real point with useful content—in just 99 seconds.
http://www.learncentral.org/event/9232/ (registration in advance is required)
- 5:30pm PDT (US) / 8:30pm EDT (US) / 12:30am GMT/UTC (next day) (intl times): “Ripple conference presentation,” with host Cathy Moore. “How can you design activity-rich elearning that creates a measurable change in the world? One way is to use action mapping, a visual approach to instructional design. In this session, we'll use a structured mind map to identify the change you want to create and brainstorm the learning activities that will help create that change.”
- 6:30pm PDT (US) / 9:30pm EDT (US) / 1am GMT/UTC (next day) (intl times): MATH 2.0 SERIES
“Math 2.0 Weekly: NLVM”, with host Maria Droujkova. Special guest, Joel Duffin, will lead a conversation about National Library of Virtual Manipulatives and its growth..
- 11pm PDT (US) / 2am EDT (US) (next day) / 6am GMT/UTC (next day) (intl times): AUSTRALIA SERIES
“Elluminate Masterclass Series 4: advanced”, with host Coach Carole. “If you have already attended a few Elluminate sessions and now feel ready to start planning how to present your own workshops etc in Elluminate, then this is the session for you.
- 1pm PDT (US) / 4pm EDT (US) / 8pm GMT/UTC (intl times):
“Inquiry, Literacy, and the Learning Cycle,” with host Kimberly Lightle. Join presenters Jessica Fries-Gaither and Terry Shiverdecker for a webinar about science and literacy instruction in the elementary grades as the focus of a new series of web seminars for the 2010-2011 school year.
- 4pm PDT (US) / 7pm EDT (US) / 11pm GMT/UTC (intl times):
“Edublogs Fine Focus - Going LIVE & PAPERLESS with GoogleDocs.” Join Jo Hart for a "Fine Focus" session. This week Rachael Colley presents "Going LIVE & PAPERLESS with GoogleDocs". In this interactive session Rachael will demonstrate how she uses GoogleDocs with her students.
- 8am PDT (US) / 11pm EDT (US) / 3pm GMT/UTC (intl times):
“Astronomický kroužek,” with host Jan Kubesa. “Internetový astronomický kroužek pro každého.”
- 9am PDT (US) / 12pm EDT (US) / 4pm GMT/UTC (intl times):
“Global Education Conference,” with hosts Kim Caise, Lorna Costantini and Peggy George. Join the Classroom 2.0 LIVE co-hosts for a discussion with special guests Steve Hargadon, Lucy Gray, and Julie Lindsay about the upcoming Global Education Conference in November 2010. Learn ways that you can participate or speak for this virtual conference.